Thursday 23 February 2023

intermission

   "Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him." Colossians 3:10

  After I wrote about the Yahbut, I was inspired to create one of my own. During the process, I came to realize my greatest enemy is the misconception that "putting myself forward" is an act of arrogance. 
  I spent some time last week on the Vistaprint website, creating a business card promoting my blog. The order was never completed. Self doubt, the cost (even though it wasn't much), more self doubt, and fear...the fear of appearing proud caused me to exit before finishing.
  I've also been struggling with some boundaries I have put in place. The Yahbut tells me that I am wrong to do this because, as a Christian, I should turn the other cheek. As a Christian, I should love my enemy. As a Christian, walking away from relationships is NOT what Jesus would do.
  I am thankful to have someone here to help me see beyond the old lies that governed my life even before I followed Jesus. Old Yabuts die hard.
  Hmmm...I just realized something. Jesus walked away frequently. He left when the crowds hated him. He left when they mocked him. He left when the upholders of the Law were offended by his message of love.
  So what are the "Yahbut Laws" that would see me stuck in a place of despair and confusion the moment I set a boundary?
1. I have no right to be treated well.
2. I have no right to feel the way I do.
3. I have no right to say no.
4. I have no right to express my needs.
5. I have no right to choose who I want in my life.

  There's more along the same line, swirling around my head and heart. It leaves me squirming with guilt at my audacity to not only expect better treatment, but to demand it!

6. I have no right to demand change.
7. I have no right to try and change the status quo.

  What a load of hooey. Yet it's a hooey that has governed so much of my life. 
  I now know what it is to be treated well, to have my feelings affirmed. I now know that saying no isn't a punishable offence. I now know I can share what I need with whoever I choose. And yes, I can demand that things change because the Yahbut Laws have no place in this new life Jesus died for.
  
  When Blogger revamped their service, they stopped making note of the country of origin for hits on the blog. I enjoyed seeing where my readers were from. It wasn't to "stroke my ego." If anything, it encouraged me to keep on writing. I know the writing has been spasmodic over the last few years, but Blogger still tracks reader numbers, just not where they are from. I was astounded to realize people were still reading in my absence.
  I am most grateful for all my readers.

  Oh! Guess what?
  Pride has no room for gratitude. That's the difference between humility and pride...the simple act of giving thanks.
  So, thank you, Lord, for all you have done. 
  Thank you that the Yahbut will be silenced and I will have no fear of teaching about the Art of Prayer.  I learned it from the best teacher of all. (Yes, there was a huge battle going on behind the scenes.)
  Thank you I have good people in my life to encourage and support me when the ugly ole Yahbut bites.
  But most of all, thank you for your gift of new life.
  And, Jesus? I give to you the ones who quote the Yahbut Laws through their words and actions. Strengthen my resolve to stay true to the person you have slowly unveiled since I turned to you.
  AMEN!
  
  
  

  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...