Wednesday 12 December 2018

Grace


  “Peace be with you,” he (Jesus) said. Luke 24:38

  Overwhelmed and under rested. A vicious combo. The last thing on my mind has been blogging. That’s backwards; it should be right up there as one of the first things to do when the nerves start tingling. No, it’s not Spidey sense, as in Spider Man’s internal warning system. 
  Or maybe it is...I never thought of it that way before. When the nerves get jangling, something is amiss. There’s danger nearby. This could be a good thing, except, sometimes the danger is so close it's inside of my imagination! (Smile.)

  There was more than a smile, there was a bit of a laugh. I can be a foolish woman sometimes.

  I have never considered anxiety a friend. It’s been more of an unwanted noisy neighbor who crashes the party.
  So let’s reframe. If I am to consider anxiety as a friend (Jesus says love your enemies) what does that relationship look like?
  A relationship can’t happen if one person keeps trying to run away. (Me.)
  Running away only adds anxiousness. How do you run away from something that is with you all the time?
   I am ashamed to be seen in the company of anxiety.

  Oh boy. There it is: the big “S” word.
  Lord, feeling shame is so far removed from Your blessing of peace. I don’t want to be this far away from You.  Guide me into wisdom and understanding. And, Lord, it would appear I could use some compassion for this wayward, obnoxious friend of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...