"For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ...And if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ." NKJV
"For the sin of one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ...And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory." JCB
A queen whose crown is the light of Love's salvation, whose sceptre of wisdom is studded with the precious jewels of repentance, forgiveness and grace, whose throne is the floor at the feet of Jesus. A queen wearing shimmering robes of redemption that protect against the bitter cold of fear and shame. A queen whose domain stretches as far as the heart can see, whose treasury is filled with gratitude and mercy.
There was a long pause as I wrestled with my ideas about pride, as I wrestled with disbelief, as I wrestled with doubt about putting forth such a radical viewpoint about my identity. It's so much easier to recognize where there's room for improvement, to allow the "not good enoughs" room to rampage over any shred of confidence. Most of all, Heaven forbid I come across as arrogant by tooting my own horn.
And there he is. My greatest foe: the Crusher-of-all-things-good. He's a life sucker, a hope killer, a truth vampire.
You know what? Get thee behind me, satan.
I am God's child, His queen, His princess, His delight. Right now. In this very moment.
Victory was proclaimed with the words of Jesus, "Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit." Luke 23:46
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
You have beautifully described what we all can claim.
ReplyDeleteI had prayed this post would touch the hearts of women. Thank you for the affirmation.
Delete