Jesus says, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world." NKJV
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and this bread, which I will offer so the world may live, is my flesh." JCB
It's a bit of a challenge to figure out how this affirmation is derived from this particular scripture so I don't even know where to begin...
I don't know how eternal life can be connected with indestructability.
Or maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way...
My soul is eternal. It will not die. It will be in heaven with my Lord and Saviour when this earthly, annoying, betraying body is needed no longer. I think I get a new body when I die, too. (Something else to look forward to!)
Our spirits can be broken. Our bodies and minds, too. Yet, no matter what the world throws our way, our souls, the fabric of our God ordained identity, remains true.
The world may distort that truth but, as a follower of Jesus, God's truth will reveal itself every time.
If I let Him show me.
If I believe.
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
No comments:
Post a Comment