It took some over-the-counter pain killers for me to fall asleep last night. I've muscle aches where I didn't even know there were muscles! The tops of my feet? Really?
Joints are creaky and stiff from all the bending, kneeling, reaching, stretching, lifting.
My neck and ears are blushed with sunburn. So are my shoulders but they stayed covered yesterday because winter white skin already burned meant the sun stung something awful. A baseball cap saved my face and served double purpose in keeping my hair out of my eyes.
The skin on my hands is rough. Knuckles are nicked and scratched. Snapped off fingernails mean a manicure is a distant dream.
There are bruises on my arms and legs that I have no idea how they got there.
But oh, the joy!
The last bits of lattice work were installed and the last of the railing. The build is complete! All that's left to do is a second coat of stain and the landscaping. Putting in the garden ties got started yesterday as well but the ole body gave up. Shovelling dirt was asking too much so I had to stop.
When I get home from work later today, I'll probably do the last coat of stain. The weekend is supposed to be rainy and while the weather is fair and everything is so dry it needs to be done.
Stay tuned tomorrow for the before and after pictures.
"There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; and one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches." Prov 13:7
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment