A black squirrel with a red tail visited my little pond for a drink. I've never seen one like that before. It makes you wonder who his parents were. Is a he a product of a mixed marriage? Or is he simply a genetic abnormality, a throwback to ancient days? I wonder what all the other black squirrels think? Do they laugh and point tiny fingers at him? Mock him? Or are they jealous of his beautiful, bright tail? Hah, this is imagination fluff, putting human characteristics on animals.
It's like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer all over again only its, um, at the opposite end. Oh dear. Names are racing through my brain. Really? Red Butler in Gone Like the Wind? Thank You Lord for the laugh. It's a great way to start my morning.
I am off to see my doctor this morning. Hopefully we will be able to start to address the anxiety medicinally while I pursue other therapy options to help get me through. I had a good chat with the art therapist last night, a lovely woman, to discuss options or possible venues to continue with the art therapy.
Lord, I lift this up to You. Bless my Doctor with insight and direction. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
"You drew near on the day I called on You, and said, "Do not fear!"" Lam 3:57
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
Hope all went well with your doctor. Thanks for the cheeky visit with the squirrel. How unusual. What a lovely gift from the Lord to appeal to your artistic side! It is odd how we put our human characteristics on our animal friends. I can watch penguins for hours imagining all the huddles conversations, important meetings, and tuxedo worthy occasions they are preparing for. They make me laugh. Here's hoping for new horizons for you Susan - a blissful balance.
ReplyDeleteThank you Anonymous for taking the time to comment and encourage.
ReplyDelete