Wednesday 11 April 2018

Grounding

  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Mathew 7:7

  I am stepping away from the affirmation list today because there's a lot happening. Also, in the small hours of the night, my brain was going gangbusters so I am a bit fuzzy this morning due to lack of sleep. It always helps to debrief and organize.
  My water pump shrugged off its mortal coils yesterday so it's been a bit of a scramble to find someone who is able to come out today to replace it. Without the pump, I've no running water. Thankfully jugs of drinking water are a key part of emergency preparedness supplies.
  It took several calls and chasing down referrals. Not many plumbers do well pumps so my search had to change to contractors who work with wells. I guess that's the seeking. Lord, I pray he will do right by me.
  After sending a picture of the broken pump to him, he affirmed my knowledge that it is an "old pump, a very old pump". It was probably installed in the 70's so it doesn't owe anyone anything. I think it's simply a coincidence that it has quit shortly after the Great Flood. It's not the only thing that's been showing its age so it's good there are plans to do some much needed renovations.
  Yesterday, I had a furnace contractor come by to give me a quote for replacing the furnace. It's step one in the process. He gave me a couple of ideas to think about in regards to oil vs. propane heating. Because I live in the country, natural gas is not available. After this, it might be worth doing some more research.
  A call came in. Someone is coming over from my oil company to check things out...

  So they just came. I'll get a price later.
  The good news from both contractors is I will be able to change how the furnace vents regardless if I choose oil or propane. Instead of using the chimney, it can be vented out the side of the house. Cause for celebration because that means the chimney in the centre of the house can come down! That will give much needed floor space in the bathroom. A worthwhile mess to make.

  So, this is why my brain has been racing. Daydreams of renos. Deciding what steps to do first. Reality needs. A change in routine...and thinking about what to make for lunch at work tomorrow!
  Multi-tasking is not my strong point. Sometimes it's hard being single.
  Thank You, Lord that You will sustain me, that everything will work out fine. Thank You that I have more than sufficient means to deal with this latest expense. Thank You that I have You in my life so even if I am single, I am never alone. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...