Monday 9 April 2018

Colossians 2:6-7

  I am rooted and built up in Him.
 "As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving." NKJV
  "And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thanksgiving." JCB

  I've been back playing the piano again after a long break. Making a joyful noise is a great stress buster for me. Composing note poems, a delightful term heard again yesterday at the Oakville Symphony that beautifully defines my small ventures into this creative process, which is helping to shake off the darkness stress can create.
  Surprisingly, stress and the associated negativity has a sound track. Sombre minor chords, discords, and rapid fire pulses of music builds tension but at the same time, releases it from my thoughts and emotions.
  I've questioned my method, wondering if it is the "right" way to go about it, knowing long ago music theory lessons are dust covered and half forgotten. Thankfully the Lord has set me free to do it my own way, the right way for me.
  I follow the melody by playing what has been set down over and over and over again until the next step reveals itself. That next step might even mean taking a break for a day or two. That has taken some getting used to, the idea of rest being as important as doing.
  It's the same thing with creative writing and doing the blog. I follow the story hinted at by inspiration, gradually "drawing" a picture by reading what's written over and over and over again, tweaking the language as I go.
  Rarely do I know how a "story" will end except that it will end well as joy replaces sorrow, as peace replaces stress, as insight replaces questions.
  The seed of an idea fills me with a deep hunger and desire to see it grow musically, visually or through words. Then I embark on an adventure with no idea where it will lead every single time I sit in front of the piano or laptop or drafting table.
  Maybe that's why I get such joy from blogging besides being grounded in the Lord each day. I have been given God's Word, a storehouse of seeds, to set me on an adventure leading to the awesome discovery of unexplored lands I've never seen before, or dreamt even existed!
  Maybe this adventurous soul of mine is only free to explore because I know the Lord is with me. He doesn't mind a few wrong notes either!
  Thank You, Lord, for creating erasers, delete buttons, white-out, and paper shredders. Thank You for the gift of unconditional forgiveness. Thank You for teaching me there's no shame in having to start all over again.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...