Wednesday 25 October 2017

Dwelling Place by Susan L.

  I am in Christ Jesus. 1 Corinthians 1:30
  "But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--" NKJV
  "God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin." JCB

  My Uncle was laid to rest yesterday. There was no formal ceremony, just four of us to lovingly close the cover on Harry's book of life. He now rests beside his wife, mother and father.
  When I was there to place my aunt to rest, it was a barren cemetery; a wide open field surrounded by wide open fields. In the twelve years since her passing, the trees have grown a lot and there's been many new trees planted. It makes a difference. The cemetery doesn't look so forlorn.
  I am thankful to have this done before the snow flies. I am thankful that yesterday morning continued to be unseasonably warm, that the rain, cold and wind held off until we had done what needed to be done. I am thankful the long drive there and back gave me an opportunity to see the fall colours and rejoice in their beauty.
  I am thankful I spent Monday night at my folk's place, breaking up the travels.
 
  I don't feel much like writing this morning or exploring this affirmation. My heart is in the basement workshop where two bedside tables wait to be completed. It feels good to make something, to keep my hands busy especially since I've been struggling with my old foe, anxiety. It's gotten bad lately.
  I think I had a breakthrough about it last night, an "Aha!" moment right before I fell asleep. The anxiety disappeared when I changed my eating habits for the better. Cutting sugar out of my diet was the top priority.
  With all the chaos of the last several months, sugar crept back in.
  Thank You, Lord, for this wise insight into a possible contributing factor. Give me strength to tackle the sugar addiction again. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...