Monday 15 March 2021

A Few Conclusions

   “He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.” Psalm 40:2

 
  The eagles weren’t around the nest yesterday. A friend has seen some a few miles south of here so it won’t be long.
   Despite the bitter cold wind that slipped icy fingers through the fabric of my winter clothes, it took a walk up the road to know the eagles weren’t at home. It was a walk with friends who were just as excited about the potential of seeing these majestic birds.
  One of those little sports cars with the growly, noisy muffler thought revving his engine right beside us was a funny thing to do. My heart leapt into my throat, the rest of me nearly into the ditch. The devil’s way to try and undermine what God was accomplishing.
  It didn’t work.
  Once the car had passed, snarling away, I focused on where I was walking. There’s a lot of sand beside the pavement, deposited by the snow plow that spreads a mix of salt and sand throughout the winter to keep ice from forming. It made for a mini-beach. It was delightful to briefly imagine there was surf chasing my toes. It help still my racing heart.
  Still, we crossed the street so we were facing against the traffic flow. (Smile, maybe 2 cars drove by after growly passed.) We kept to the side of the road. We mostly walked single file. I was very aware of how ingrained road safety is yet didn’t feel it was necessary to toss it all away. Common sense has its place, too. Trusting God doesn’t mean throwing out all the rules or risking life and limb because you have faith. A human/car collision doesn’t bode well for the person.
  By acknowledging the common sense of it all, a good whack of the fear has dissipated. Even though I’d been severely startled, there were no residual effects. It didn’t steal the joy of being with friends.
 
  Yesterday’s church service was a grim anniversary, being week 52 since The Meeting House went to virtual services due to the growing pandemic.  YouTube has them all by the way. Jimmy gave this week’s teaching, one of several pastors who share the load. The subject was Psalm 40 1:-1, our God of hope. Point after point affirmed almost everything written over the recent blogs to the point it was eerie. (The Holy Spirit is alive and well, isn’t He?)
  Among other things, I quickly wrote down this:
  “When there’s no off button to the feels that you are feeling…”
 
  It’s okay that there are many instances my responses and behaviours are governed by my subconscious. It’s okay to have fears. It’s okay to be broken. Broken can be fixed.
  The contractor I hired to do the renovations introduced me to a product called Mitre Bond. It’s a two stage glue that will hold anything together. It works really, really well. With wood, the wood will break before the glued joint comes apart! Yah...the first time using it, wood ended up securely fastened to my index finger. Good thing skin peels or life would have been awkward. I’ve kept this particular event a secret because sometimes it seems I am stupid to the next level! (FYI, I am laughing about it now.)
  Ok, I’ll be kinder. Inexperienced is more like it.
  Lesson learned: be quicker to pull my finger away if it comes in contact with the glue before it has set. You’ve got about 10 seconds.
 
    I haven’t the faintest idea how this is all connected except to find hope in it all. The goal of walking up the road was completed and enabled peace to blanket some fear invoking childhood lessons. God has affirmed the writing is where He wants me. I’ve had a laugh at my own expense. It’s a good way to start the day. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 6

   "No one lights a lamp and them puts it under a basket." Matthew 5:15   Guess what? Boundaries are more than no trespassing sign...