Thursday 28 November 2019

Homecoming


  “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

  It’s been a while since my last post. It’s been a season of change, of renewal and of many blessings so today I am celebrating.
  The contractors finished their work a couple weeks ago except for a few things that have been delayed by the kitchen cabinet maker. I have been busy laying the new floor in the living room and my bedroom, putting the house in order, painting and doing the finishing touches. There’s still flooring to put down in the guest room but it’s full of stuff so it will have to wait until it’s cleared out.
  A big purge is part of the reorganization.
  Everything has turned out better than I could have imagined; the colour palette, the flooring and the new siding have completely transformed my home making it bright and inviting. The kitchen is a delight!

  I am back home now as of a couple of weeks ago. That’s been an adjustment, not having someone to chat with or say good morning to. I miss the company.
  It was good for me to be there on so many levels. It’s hard to explain but I am not the same person I was…I feel that I am finally living in the truth of who God made me to be.
  And this is the best thing of all.
 
  As for the blog, it’s important for me to get back into the habit of writing, of centering my day in the Lord. When I was living with my friend and we had each other to do this with, the need to write wasn’t as important.
  Lord, I give this day to You. Thank You for all the blessings that have come my way over the last little while. Thank You for my Uncle, who made the renovations possible. I wish he could have seen it. Thank You as well for the different people who have come alongside to help financially, in the decision making and with some of the physical stuff I couldn’t do on my own.  AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...