Tuesday 19 June 2018

1 John 1:7

  I am walking in His light.
  "But if we walk in the light as He us in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." NKJV
  "But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, them we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. " JCB

  The sun is shining but the ole brain is foggy this morning. I have realized something. I need the weight of a blanket to sleep well. The house didn't cool down enough for that until three or four this morning.
  It doesn't surprise me. I've heard other trauma survivors say the same thing. It's a security thing. Laying in bed exposed is being vulnerable to the nth degree. Although how much protection a blanket provides is technically zero. Unless it is an armor plated blankie. If that were the case, the clang and rattle would interfere with sleep anyways!

  All of us do things to create a sense of security, often unconsciously.
  I wonder what fearless living would look like? While many of my fears have been purged, the blanket has revealed there are still some in hiding...These fears ought to be running for their lives.
  Why? Because I know Jesus will lead me into understanding. He will grant me the discernment to pluck deeply rooted fears from my soul. He will fill me with grace so I may forgive those who taught me to be afraid. That grace will spill over so I can forgive myself for living in fear.
  Jesus has covered me with His blood, the greatest security blanket in the universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...