I've taken another sick day today. Which is probably prudent because this morning has me cranky and snarly as a bear. Thankfully I am able to see my family doctor later this afternoon because my ears are still hurting and the deep, rib shattering cough just keeps on going...grrrr!
I don't often feel the loneliness of living alone but not being well has stirred the pot a bit. Although as I think about it, it isn't a desire for companionship that is bubbling up. It's a servant: someone to make me a cup of tea or a bowl of soup, to tidy up the place and run the vacuum.
I wonder if there is such a thing as a rent-a-mom...that would be perfect.
No, mom, I don't expect you to come up! I am just being silly and whiney.
When life gets you down, turn to gratitude. Thank You, Lord, I am able to look after myself. Thank You, Lord, for doctors and medicine. Thank You for Your provision. Thank You that I will soon be well.
"Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!" Ps 27:14
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
I sometimes think I would like a wife!
ReplyDeleteI've thought the same thing on occasion myself!
Delete