I was disappointed not to see my column in yesterday's paper, the last one of November. I know it is going to be published according to avaliable space but I'd hoped...
If I get stuck driving behind a slow moving vehicle I tell myself there's a reason rather than get angry or frustrated. Maybe if I was going faster there's an accident that could take place further up the road. This is the same idea. It needs to be surrendered to God for His divine timing. (Not that my little column will be involved in an accident unless it's used to paper train a puppy!) Perhaps there's a person out there who will read it at the exact moment they need to who might have missed it otherwise.
And maybe, as I have asked the Lord to do in many prayers, it is His way of keeping me humble. This opportunity isn't only about seeing my name in print. Even if I am a bit surprised by the whole thing. I pray the words I write helps others.
The Lord's Prayer says it all:
"Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory. Forever and ever. Amen" Mat 6:9-13
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment