Saturday 16 June 2018

I Am Valuable. Luke 12:24

  "Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?" NKJV
  " Look at the ravens. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to Him than any birds!" JCB

  I have a small weakness. It's those personality tests that pop up on Facebook. I suppose they are like newspaper horoscopes, more for fun than any sort of real truth. However, it always seems that I end up being classified as someone extremely creative who sees things differently. It's silly of me but doing these lighthearted quizzes has helped me understand a bit more about who I am. Even if they have as much validity as a fortune cookie!
  I do have to ask why IQ tests are predominantly math. Why is left brain ability smarter than right brain?

  If only we could see ourselves as God sees us...
  I think it is finally sinking in even if math questions leave me stymied!
  So today I am going to celebrate with awe and wonder and utter delight the gifts of God which make me me.
  First of all, I am. That alone puts indescribable value on every facet of my existence because I am a child of God! Just so you know, dear readers, you are as much His child as I am.

  The greatest gift God has infused my heart, soul and mind with is an unquenchable curiosity about everything. It's the source of fearless ventures into trying new things and accepting new ideas. It has fueled my quest for truth and understanding, for exploring the big questions about faith and God and life in general.

 It has made me a good teacher because I always learn something new from those I encourage to boldly go where they never have gone before.
  Yes. I am a Star Trek fan.
  Hmmm, curiosity is the fuel for writing and composing music. You see, I never have an outcome planned. I simply follow the words or the notes wherever they may lead.
  It's how I garden. It is so delightful to discover what shows up. Unless it's thistles. Anything that bites or pricks or stings isn't welcome. But the rest? The daisies, the milkweed, the tiny pine seedlings...It makes the garden God's treasure box. I can't wait to see what's inside!
  Curiosity asks the question, "Can I do this?"
  I admit freely there are a lot of unsuccessful attempts under my belt. They are simply part of learning and teach me to be more patient because I tend to rush when enthusiasm about a new inspiration moves in.

  Lord, thank You, for this. For filling me with childlike delight as I celebrate the way You created me. Thank You for filling my soul with the deepest gratitude because by acknowledging Your hand in all things, I am humbled.
  There is no shame in humility. Thank You for shattering that particular stronghold that has stolen so much. Amen!
  Today, my spirit soars with the ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...