Friday 29 June 2018

Ephesians 6:11

  I put on the whole armor of God.
  "Put on the whole armor of God that you may stand against the wiles of the devil." NKJV
  "Put on All of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil." JCB

  This is where it all started in November 2004. There was no room for the mushy stuff, the milk for new believers. I needed to know the Lord could keep me safe. I needed to know how to protect myself, which in true God fashion meant laying down my own weapons of thirsty vengeance. I needed to know how to live according to this new life I had committed myself to.
  The Lord began unlocking my long suppressed creativity by opening the heart/mind connection. He inspired me with a vision of His armor. The first painted image was rushed. The warrior seemed to be cowering defensively, timidly, on one knee. The sword he held looked like it was warding off unseen blows. The paint technique made the armor dull and rusty looking.
  It was a far cry from the radiant, ethereal, wonderful full body protection I had seen in my mind's eye.
  I learned about grace after setting this image aside and beginning again. Slower, more thoughtfully. Forgotten skills rose from the grave. A new understanding bloomed in my heart: it's not the finished product that is important. It's the journey with the Lord to save, Father God to nurture and the Holy Spirit to lead the way.
  The design of the Helmet of Salvation has given me much to think about over the ensuing years--faith growing years. Although it has often faded from my thoughts.
  The helmet had no opening for the wearer to see out of. There were openings by the ears only. At first I didn't understand the significance.
  Lord, thank You for the reminder that my mortal eyes rarely see what You see, especially in the people who are part of my day. Thank You for reminding me to hear only Your truth. Thank You for refreshing my soul with the knowledge that in all things, the battle has been won.
  But, most of all, thank You for opening my heart, the creative source for the art, the music and the writing. Thank You for the joy they they bring both personally and in the sharing. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...