Thursday 27 April 2017

I am Blessed. Eph 1:3 by Susan L.

  A tickle starts somewhere under your eyeball deep inside your skull. One eye begins to water. The nose joins in. Then the other eye. Facial contortions that would please a silent movie director ripple over your face as you blindly search for a tissue. Nope. An elbow will have to do.
  At a hundred miles an hour, air is painfully forced through your nostrils.
  The sonic boom is met with a startled yelp from the person sitting in front of you on the bus.
 "My goodness," they say, "Bless you!"
  Okay, that was fun but what does it really mean to be blessed?
  Blessings are the divine inheritance God has put aside just for me, for us, for everyone.
  Jesus died to make us heirs to His kingdom.
  It's not the kind of kingdom that comes with a castle, a moat and a throne. The treasure room sits empty of a golden hoard. It has no boundaries to its lands because it reaches around the world and into the heavens.
  Every person in His kingdom is of royal blood.
  It's hard to live up to. Maybe because I can't. At least, on my own.
  His kingdom is backwards. Victory is won by doing nothing except choosing to surrender my life to Jesus time and again. It's not like helplessly waving a white flag surrender of utter defeat because a white flag is the banner of rebirth and renewal. It means I need Him. It means I want to live according to the calling with which I have been called.
  It means I want to live in and through God's blessings because by doing so, He can use me to bless others with life and light and hope.
  I am blessed in all that I do, the writing, art and music.
  I am learning to embrace the blessings of who I am in Christ.
  That, my friends, is a work in progress.
  "But to each of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift." Eph 4:7
  His priceless gift was His life.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...