Monday 10 April 2017

I am the Aroma of Christ by Susan L.

  There was a blizzard on Thursday that dumped five inches of snow. I smiled seeing purple and yellow crocuses poking up through the pristine white in true Ontario fashion. It's all melted now except for a few shaded patches. Standing outside breathing deeply, the warm air smells of spring. New and tender grass and life giving soil are wrapped with a hint of muskiness from fall's waiting-to-be-raked leaves. It teases the nose and fills the soul with hope and wholesomeness and joy that winter is over.
  I've tried to imagine what heaven would be like many times. Tastes would have unimaginable colours that swirl and sparkle in the air. Music and the sound of worship would create untold hues of silver and gold that intertwine with the colours of fragrance. All of these combined illuminate the heavens in a dancing, divine light show. And then these special, beyond the rainbow colours, would release the sweetest, most perfect perfume to anoint the head of Jesus.
  I think it happens here on earth. We simply can't see it but our soul knows that ugly, toxic words create shadows and twisting darkness. Positive words fill a room with light and send the devil scurrying. Words of kindness, forgiveness, gentleness, compassion, and encouragement are like the scent of a spring day, infusing hope, deliverance and life.
  Lord, let me be a life bringer. Strengthen my resolve to guard my tongue. Guide me along Your paths of righteousness. Convict me when I stray. Forgive me when I do. In Jesus' name I pray.
  "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death and to the other the aroma of life leading to life." 2 Cor 2:14-16
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...