Tuesday 18 April 2017

Do I Believe? by Susan L.

 
"I am beautiful." Psalm 149:4
  The moment I read today's affirmation, the first response was, "You gotta be kidding me!"
  I've got bags and sags and wrinkles. I've got bulges and bumps and the beginnings of mustachios. My deep set, blue eyes are growing deeper set all the time as my eyebrow ridges fail to stand firm against the overwhelming forces of gravity. It seems those same forces are determined to make me shorter as well.
  Oh, dear.
  I am having a healthy giggle about it all because there's really nothing I can do about it! Oh, there's "miracle creams", lotions and potions to "help stop the signs of aging" but age is going to happen regardless of how much stinky, greasy cream is slathered on the surface.
  I think it was National Geographic who broke down facial beauty into geometric planes by measuring beautiful people, actors and actresses. It would appear that the human race knows what it likes when it comes to physical beauty.
  There was a time when facial measurements and head indentations were measured to prove mental shortcomings like having the "face" of a murderer. I'm glad that went extinct. Just because someone's eyes are set close together doesn't mean they have nefarious plans to take over the world.
  Okay, that's enough skipping around the heart of the matter.

Image result for dandelion  I have witnessed ordinary folk transform into earth angels as the Holy Spirit fills them. They positively glow with a Light and Life that transcends their physical presence. It's as though I've caught a glimpse of what they will look like in heaven when the battle against ever encroaching death is no more.
  And this, friends, is the source of our beauty. 
  Jesus is the source of my beauty; a beauty that erases the wear and tear of a mortal life. In Him, I stand tall and gracious. In Him, I radiate peace to a restless world. In Him, I am ageless, eternal, and mysterious. In Him, I am an exotic beauty that stands out like a dandelion on a pristine lawn.
 

  I know dandelions aren't exotic (smile) but what who hasn't enjoyed them at one time or another like they were the rarest of orchids?
  "He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love." Song 2:4
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...