Friday 15 January 2016

Not Much Happening by Susan L.

  Never one to do nothing even when laid low, I've little groups of things to do as I sit on the couch. The TV is on for company as I work my way through my movies. There's knitting a project that's been half finished for ages although having enough yarn to complete it may be an issue. I've a jigsaw puzzle on the go. And a book.
  Most of all there's Pumpkin cuddles. He is rather enjoying having me home all the time.
  I've been slurping soup, pots of tea with lemon in it, juice...everything our mothers ever told us would help a cold get better. The cough is only bad when I try and talk for too long. Good thing I begged off playing in the worship team this week. I can't imagine trying to breathe deeply. Practice is tonight. Maybe I should ask for prayer.
  I've taken a sick day so I don't have to go to work. Again, something to be thankful for. There's places in this world if you don't show up for work, no matter the reason, it's grounds for dismissal.
  As I said, not much happening but I don't want to miss posting. Stay tuned and you will find out why.
  Blessings.
  "For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again." 2 Cor 5:14-15
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I use to feel guilty when I was sick. Now I realize that if I don't "come apart" I will "come apart". We need to restore our bodies, our minds and our souls. (Hopefully not all at the same time.) Enjoy your Pumpkin cuddles.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...