If you ask anyone who has seen Mel Gibson's "The Passion" what moment in the movie stood out for them the most, the responses are as varied and individual as each of us. For me it was when the two Mary's gathered cloths and tenderly cleaned up the blood of the Lamb that had been spilt during Christ's scourging. It drove home just how much was shed for us so we may be forgiven of our sins once and for all. Every lash of the whip laid the mark of sin on Jesus' back. This was the burden He took to the cross.
I know my own sins well enough. He carried the sins of the whole, entire world. A weight I cannot even begin to imagine.
Whenever I take communion, although the shared ritual of using a communal cup is not part of the church I belong to, I am reminded of the price He paid. Holding the humble, little plastic cup gives me an opportunity to draw nearer my Lord in gratitude. It floods up from every corner of my soul because without Him, without the blood that was spilled, I would not be here.
Jesus knows all the trials I have been through. He suffered through them even as He gave the gift of communion to His followers: betrayal, denial, rejection. It is His cup, the Holy Grail a baby Christian pursued, that I freely partake of. A cup that has grown to mean so much more.
I have been forgiven. I will never be alone.
If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, I invite you to ask Him into your life. There's no prep, no requirements, only that you ask.
"Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for the remission of sins." (Mat 26:27-28)
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment