Tuesday 26 January 2016

1000 by Susan L.

  Imaginary bands are playing. Fireworks light the skies.
  This my one thousandth post today!
  It's the milestone I alluded to last week but I tell you, working my way through the last half dozen posts seemed to take forever! The count seemed to turn over as slow as molasses. But here we are at last.
  Never in a million years did I think it would continue this long. Ha! In true Sue fashion, I didn't even think about the future of the blog. It was simply a matter of jumping in and starting. I had no way of knowing just how important this morning ritual would become.
  It has served to ground my day in prayer and the scriptures. It has helped me grow to understand God, the Son and the Holy Spirit a little bit better. It's helped me draw nearer to my Lord as I explore the role of faith in the everyday. It has given me the place to work through the hard days; to hear God's take on things as I kneel before Him. It's been a venue for celebration, praise and gratitude (and the occasional pity party!). It's provided the space to let go of the burdens that would steal my joy. It's also given me the opportunity to let in God's healing truths.
  It doesn't get much better than that.
  It's humbling, too, to know there are readers all around the world who pop in for a visit. It truly is a global village. There's only one thing that has tweaked my curiosity. Does the computer/internet automatically translate each post for different countries or is it only published in English?
  I am truly blessed as well by the many thoughtful comments readers have posted over the years. Much wisdom has been shared.
  Lord, I thank You so very much for giving me something I never knew I needed.
  To God be the Glory!
  "He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he." Prov 16:20
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And you have just voiced the heart of God... to give us things we don't even know we need.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...