Tuesday 24 March 2015

Here Goes by Susan L.

  Helping both my boys with their new homes has filled me with a cartload of desire to do some more things around my own place. Toss in spring and my mind is going a gazillion miles an hour. Perhaps starting with some more purging is the best place to begin. There's simply too much stuff in my little home.
  Everything that is behind closed doors needs sorting. Those are the places where clutter breeds, where objects are stuffed for lack of a better place to keep them. "Out of sight, out of mind" as the saying goes. I need to listen to my own advice. If it hasn't been used or looked at in six months, it's gotta go! Thankfully, none of the bedroom closets have doors so they're not bad.
  But then there's the "just in case" that wars with purging. A battlefield of epic proportion!
  I've more empty jam jars than Smuckers. Will I make jam or pickles again? Maybe...I missed having home made strawberry jam in the pantry cupboard. The second hand store is a good source for Mason jars if I need to get some instead of hanging on to mine. But, if the jars aren't handy, chances are the jam won't get made in the first place. Yah...battlefield...And that's just one item in there.
  My son moved a small bundle of bits and pieces of wood. There was one that was perfect for levelling a cupboard. See? His "just in case" was needed after all even though I rolled my eyes at someone having to carry it from the moving van. But who am I to judge!
  I started this process in the fall after re-painting my living room. It's time to roll up my sleeves and get down to it.
  Look out stuff! Here I come!!
  And there's something else. The Lord has proven His care towards me by providing everything I need: from a home to an eraser. There was even a new laundry tub someone put out at the side of the road. I think I need to treat purging as an act of trust in God. As He has provided, He will continue to do so.
  ""So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat' nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing."" Lk 12:21-23
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...