Tuesday 29 July 2014

Builder's Brain by Susan L.

  It took me a while to fall asleep last night. My thoughts were going a gazillion miles an hour thinking about the next step in the big build. In and around those thoughts were waves of deep gratitude. I have so much to be thankful for. On top of all of that, this project is once again a redemption of the latter years of my marriage where I learned the skills needed to take the shed on in the first place.
  The little tricks of cutting wood, making sure the saw blade is on the waste side of the cut line every single time. The kerf, as it is called, or blade width is an eight of an inch wide. That adds up over several cuts and can throw everything off whack if care isn't taken. That's just one of many little bits of knowledge that have made themselves available over the last few days.
  One of my dad's favorite past times was designing houses. He'd sit and draw floor plans as he savoured his after dinner coffee. I learned that from him. Although, a square shed doesn't require much of a blueprint, only a simple layout. I'm thinking too, since my grandson is so interested in building that when he gets a bit older, I'll teach him what I know. Who knows, he just may become an architect.
  The shed is now firmly anchored. I was able to borrow a hammer drill. It worked like a charm. Its vibration causes micro fractures in the cement and enables the drill bit to penetrate the concrete. It sure gives me respect for those who built houses before the dawn of power tools!
  I want to get going. I need to go to the hardware store and pick up the lumber needed to do the board and batten exterior. It looks like a beautiful day so I want to take advantage of it.
  "I will instruct you and teach you in the ways you should go; I will guide you with My eye." Ps 32:8
 
 

2 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!! How about a pic when you are finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! Although, it may be a while.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...