Wednesday 30 July 2014

A Mistake by Susan L.

  I decided to go with board and batten to finish the shed. I realised because of the way the roof was built, there is nothing to nail it to at the top. Not an insurmountable problem, I'll just use plywood pieces and screw them in from behind, attached to the front rafter. Not only that, but the front piece of 2x6 is narrower than the siding so I'll have to face it with another piece of wood to give a bit of an overhang. Thankfully, I'm using an aluminum trim along the edge of the roof that will give me the overhang necessary for the shingles.
  Problem solved. I am only a lay person when it comes to construction. There were bound to be some errors. Thankfully, nothing needs to be torn down and rebuilt.
  I did sort of gasp at the cost of the siding, almost as much as the rest of the shed combined. Then I thought, hopefully this project will stand for years to come. I may as well use something that will last and be beautiful at the same time.
  I built a privacy wall years ago using found lumber and old windows. Age has turned the wood gray. The faux stained glass made by applying clear silicone and gray caulking has eroded away in places. It'll need to be redone once the shed is finished because it looks rather tired. Honestly I am surprised the thing is still standing. Saggy, but standing.
  One step at a time.
  "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established." Prov 16:3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...