Friday 16 August 2013

Pleasant Days by Susan L.

My son and his family are coming to "Nanasue's Campground" this weekend. I am so excited to have my grandchildren up! Lots of plans: picnic, barbeque, corn on the cob, fishing, topped off with bonfires and toasted marshmallows. It is supposed to be beautiful weather for the next several days which is wonderful. They are setting up their tent somewhere in the yard to make it an authentic camp experience. The smell of bug repellent will fill the air. Ah, memories. My two older children had plenty of camping experiences when they were young. My youngest unfortunately didn't. We were tied to the farm and rarely went anywhere for more than a few hours. I am sorry he missed out on one of the best things in life. I am sorry I missed out on giving him the experience and seeing the outdoors through his eyes. God is good at second chances. "For God so loved the world..." Jn 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...