Monday 5 August 2013

More Questions by Suaan L.

There was another conversation at Saturday's party which also rattled my equilibrium. It was about the narcissistic nature of bloggers. It has me examining my motives/ motivation for God and the Black River. Writing every day wasn't a long thought out plan or decision. Having internet on my phone made it easy to jump right in. It felt like the right thing and continues to do so. Still I am going to take this time to examine my heart, test the waters so to speak. Here's a question: is writing just for my own purpose and gratification? Well, it mostly starts my day grounded in faith because my blog is in reality a written prayer. It helps keep my nose in the scriptures, too. Yet, at the same time my blog hopefully offers peer support. It amazes me that it is global because of how small the world is thanks to technology! Checking the statistics every once and a while is a huge boost to my confidence as a writer. It's a huge honour in seeing the numbers grow that at the same time keeps me humble. God's will, not mine. It's nice to have a written record of the journey. Not only in art but of what's going on inside my head. Being single, the blog allows me to share bits and pieces, laughter, tears and fears that otherwise might be shared vocally with a person. I'm smiling at myself: it IS being shared with people! Maybe that's what it's all about after all... You are not alone. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve." Mk 10:45

1 comment:

  1. Taking on a blog is a commitment, so don't belittle the effort. If someone thinks bloggers are narcissistic, they don't have to read blogs - there are plenty of other things to read on the internet. So, if you feel that writing a blog gives you gratification, go for it! Whether you do it for yourself or for others really doesn't matter if you enjoy expressing your ideas this way. It's like your art.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...