Tuesday 20 August 2013

Dog Days by Susan L.

It finally arrived: the last hurrah of summer heat. One thing I've noticed this August is a lack of feeling 'blue'. Normally as the days get shorter it affects my mood. I end up feeling depressed. What's different this year? I am working. Something I look forward to and it eases financial concerns. I have a pet who helps keep me in the present. Fuzzy love goes a long way. There's no veggies to take care of: freezing or preserving. That's a biggie. Except black currants. Those I tossed in the freezer. The jam can wait. Will there be anxious days ahead? Will I struggle? Will winter be difficult? God knows. I don't. Today I am going to enjoy the cricket song, the heat and the rest of a relaxing afternoon. "All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth." Ps 25:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...