Tuesday 30 May 2017

I am Clean by Susan L.

  "For I (God) will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean. I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you." Ezekiel 36:24-26
 
  There's another verse assigned today as well.

  "You are already clean because of the word which I (Jesus) have spoken to you." John 15:3

  You are forgiven.
  Why?
  Because you asked.

  Simple. No ongoing rituals of washing. A single Baptism into Christ is sufficient.
  There's no atonement. No hard labour. No act on this earth that could earn God's grace.
  It's a forever gift.
  Letting go is the challenge because there's an enemy who delights in rubbing our noses in our mistakes, our sins. He delights in holding us back by using weapons of shame, blame, guilt and self-loathing. His sole purpose is to keep us separated from God. He'll do anything to make that happen. Besides the shame/blame route, he will place temptation in our paths and laugh when we fall.

  You are forgiven.
  Why?
  Because you asked.

  Because God loves all of us so incredibly much that He sent His Son to the Cross.
 
 
 

 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

In a Name

   "O Lord, I have come to you for protection; don't let me be disgraced. Save me, for You do what is right." Psalm 31:1   The...