There's pockets of yellow, red and orange beginning to appear in the lush greenery around the house. It's not due to lack of rain but are the forerunners of, gasp, autumn. This is the first year I can ever remember the grass didn't turn brown in late summer. Quite the opposite, it's still growing as if it were May!
Some of the perennials blooms are about done and need dead heading. The bee balm is well past its prime although the occasional hummingbird still checks it out in case there's a bit of nectar left. I watched a pair squabble last night. Quick as lightening they swooped and dove, weaving in and out of trees and flowers cursing each other in their tiny, angry voices. It makes me laugh every time.
The crickets darn near drown them out.
I've gone out on clear nights this week to look at the stars. There's something absolutely awesome about looking skyward hoping to catch a glimpse of a shooting star. The sky is so massive and I am so small. I wonder if God created the heavens from a pocketful of stars that He scooped up in His hand and blew into the darkness.
"Then God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; He made the stars also." Gen 1:16
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment