I don't have a lot of flowers. Most of my garden is textural and utilizes the different shades and shapes of leaves I have a couple of favorite flowers though: the black-eyed susans, two other tall plants with sunshine yellow flowers, and a self-seeding annual with yellow-orange blossoms are in full and glorious bloom. The morning sun makes the colour explode. At twilight they glow with an ethereal light. A delightful harvest for the eyes.
The squirrels are raiding the apple tree beside my driveway. It's become a late summer ritual. I don't mind. Most of the fruit is too high up in the old tree for me to reach. Someone may as well enjoy them. I used to rake up the fallen ones but once the tree is bare, they take those ones as well and squirrel them away. Finding an apple in the middle of the back yard always makes me smile. See? Apples can fall far from the tree.
I suppose that's how I ended up with a clump of small bloomed, fiery red sunflowers growing beside the house. They were pilfered from my neighbour last year by an ambitious squirrel who decided the soft sandy soil would be a perfect place to stash a mid-winter's meal.
It's a lovely morning and they're calling for showers later. Time to get outside. The car is in the shop getting vetted for the trip up north on Friday so I'm housebound today. I'm glad. It'll be nice to simply putter around.
"There He makes the hungry dwell, that they may establish a city for a dwelling place, and sow fields and plant vineyards that they may yield a fruitful harvest." Ps 107:36-37
The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
-
H and I went the Circle theatre. Its a local movie house that was established in the 1920's. They redid the interior a while ago but k...
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
No comments:
Post a Comment