The Black River is a journey in faith. It delves into an exploration of life: from the calm, clear waters of the good days, the mundane, to the swirling eddies and deep waters of issues that face every one of us. Thank you for visiting this site. You can contact me personally at: godandtheblackriver@gmail.com
Sunday, 17 February 2013
Back To Church by Susan L.
It's so wonderful to be back in church. Feast after years of famine. I'm glad the Lord led me to this small, welcoming community. Although, I left today feeling shaken up a bit.
I ended up questioning the path God has led me on in my discovery journey. The old second guessing routine tap danced its way into my heart and mind. Again whispers of the brutal hardness of "forgive and forget" came across loud and clear.
The pastor talked about the Golden Rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. He talked about how this concept isn't supposed to be rooted in loving ourselves first. This contradicts many other teachings I've heard in the past. I guess the pastor was talking about a selfish love, about putting our personal needs, wants or desires above others. This isn't self love anyways but probably rooted in past neglect or the need to prove our value.
Okay. It makes sense now. Perhaps the term self love should be changed into humble Christian principals. "We are worthy. Jesus died that we may live."
"For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him." Lk 20:38
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Loss
"The Lord cares deeply when His loved ones die." Psalm 116:15 There have been two people lost in our little community to the ...
-
"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open....
-
I met up with a woman who had been out of my life for a long while. She had been at my baptism in 2006 and after hearing my testimony, a t...
-
"Before the mountains were born, before You gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, You are God." Psalm 9...
No comments:
Post a Comment