Sunday 6 August 2017

I am Favoured, Job 10:12 by Susan L.

  "You have granted me life and favor, And Your care has preserved my spirit." NKJV
  "You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love. My life was preserved by your care." JCB

  I have to share about the bench my daughter asked me to make. That was all she asked. "Could you make a bench as a wedding gift? One that guests could sign on the top as a permanent reminder of this day?" No details. No hint at what it should look like.
  Here's the miracle of God's hand revealing itself.
  The baskets I chose to go underneath had rope handles. I'd chosen another type but ended up putting them back on the shelf before making this choice. The piece of trim my friend gave me was shaped to look like twisted rope. It was exactly the same size as the rope on the baskets.
  Here's the really amazing thing: part of the wedding ceremony included my daughter and her betrothed tying a fisherman's knot using two pieces of satin rope. It's one of the simplest yet most secure knots ever invented to join two pieces of rope together. It is incredibly strong. It was a symbol of the bonds of marriage between them. I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience as they did this. Myself included.
  Her slim wedding band was in the form of a rope. His also had a rope motif.
  I knew nothing of this.
  So here's the thing. God did. His hand guided my hand in basket choosing. His creativity guided my creativity as the bench began to take shape in my mind. His timing put me in position to get a single piece of trim that was going to be discarded, that had no purpose. Actually, it did. They had hung onto it for years until the last moment because God knew I would need it.
  Lord, thank You for blessing me with such favour. Thank You for reminding me that benches and sparrows are the same. Thank You for reminding me that I am safe and secure in Your love in everything I do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...