Friday 24 March 2017

Journey by Susan L.

  Much has changed. Much has been healed. Much has been forgiven. Much has been celebrated. It's humbling and inspiring when so much "much" can be accomplished through a few short hours of prayer. My time at Singing Waters left me clearer in understanding Jesus and what His relationship with me looks like. It has also given me a direction for the blog.
  Over the next year, I will be exploring the three hundred scriptural affirmations that were assigned as homework.
  So, the first one, "I am able" Phil 4:13 is easy.
  Not to boast but anyone who has been following my blog knows that there isn't much I can't do. My capabilities range from deck and shed building to plumbing and home repairs. My creative abilities, as much a part of me as breathing, touch nearly every aspect of my life. There isn't much that scares me because, praise the Lord, I am able to make mistakes and start again. I am also not afraid to explore and learn new skills.
  That's the "doing" aspect of being able.
  In matters of the heart, through the love of Jesus, and even though mental health challenges are part of life because of past events, I have been able to find the ability to forgive both others and myself.
  So, how does, "I am able" challenge me?
  Choices are a stumbling block. Mostly it's because of doubting my own ability to make decisions. Forgive me for that, my Lord. I'll choose to forgive those who enforced the idea that I am incapable of  making the right decisions. Thank You, Lord, that it is Your guidance I can lean on.
  Making the choice to ask for help is always tough. Being so darned capable and self sufficient doesn't mean I don't have to ask for help once in a while. Oooo, doesn't that smack of pride! Forgive me, Lord.
  So, how does making the choice to reach out to others for help in making major decisions sound?
  I think that's a good idea seeing as Pumpkin isn't much of a conversationalist and his sole focus is either food or cuddles.
  This was a rather light hearted start. But that's okay, I don't have to be so serious all the time. Being able to find the funny side of trials and tribulations is a gift from God. Thank You because laughter is a great teacher.
 "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content; I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:11-13

1 comment:

  1. Changing and seeking new growth is an essential part of life. In fact, to be successful everyone has to change and grow. When something is not working, assessments have to be made that help us to determine how to do things better. I am glad that at the end of it all, you are even more capable of saying, "I am able".

    Levi Eslinger @ Capital Plumbing

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...