Monday 27 March 2017

I Am Abraham's Offspring by Susan L.

  This one has me searching the corner's of my brain to try and remember who Abraham is!
  This is as good a time as any to add a short disclaimer. Only spending a couple of hours studying a short piece of scripture makes me aware that I fall far short of uncovering the nuances, the limitless gems of truth each of these contain. Most of these short affirmations could be the title of a book! 
  What I can do is place this entire process in the hands of the Holy Spirit and trust in Him to reveal what the Lord wants known to both my readers and myself.
  So, thank You Lord for Bible scholars. Thank You that there are many wise teachers who can help us understand Your Word. Thank You for helping me, us, during this time of exploration which every day points directly to Your heart.
  I went to the beginning and landed in Genesis 22 which contains part of (now I remember!) Abraham's story.
  There's another piece of gratitude today for the teacher who shared that everything in the Old Testament points to Jesus.
  The gist of the story goes: Abraham, two of his young men and his son rode for three days towards a particular mountain because the Lord had commanded him to offer Isaac, his only son, as a burnt offering. Because Abraham obeyed without wavering, just before the fatal stroke was taken, the Lord provided a perfect ram lamb to take Isaac's place. And not only did He provide the lamb, He also blessed Abraham.
  "By Myself I have sworn, says the Lord, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son--blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the starts of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies. In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice." Gen 22:16-18

  So ages later, God, the Father, sacrificed His only Son when the people chose not to crucify a different lamb, a thief named Barabbas...

  Abba, forgive me for not having walked according to my Divine inheritance. Forgive me for not walking in the victory You predestined me to have. Open my heart to understanding where sin has kept me from fully embracing this gift. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!
  "And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Gal 3:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...