Sunday 11 January 2015

Window Shopping by Susan L.

  I had a lovely day yesterday with my friend H. We went to the mall in Newmarket for a bit of a wander around. She had a purpose. I was there because, miracle of miracles, I actually felt like going for a bit of a look around without actually needing anything there.
  We went to the fabric store first which was down the road from the mall. That was my only objective: to get some fabric for my quilt. The store was packed because they were having a huge sale. That's a bonus! I found what I wanted and left pleased with my purchases.
  We ate lunch at the food court in the mall. H's choices were far healthier than my own burger and fries. The mall was busy too, so it was a rather noisy dining experience.
  I was surprised there were so many people there because January is usually a lean month for retail. No one has any spare cash after Christmas. It's possible the delightfully low gas prices means everyone has a bit extra in their pocket. It's made a difference to me, that's for sure.
  We went to her house for supper and began investigating our proposed trip out east next fall. The plan was to rent a RV/camper for ten days. There was an early booking special on but it wasn't that great a deal. We decided to wait until the fall specials come in before making a decision. The other option is to simply rent a car and stay in B&Bs or hotels. September is a few months away so there's no hurry.
  The company, CanaDream, had a special on if you wanted to rent one of their RVs and drive it one way from Vancouver or Calgary to Whitehorse in the spring. It was dirt cheap with all the bells and whistles included. You pay them to shuffle the camper rather than them needing to pay a driver to move their inventory. It's a great thing for a retired couple to do but because there's no choice as to what kind of RV you get, H and I decided we better not take advantage of it. A camper van with only one bed wouldn't have worked for us.
  So there it is. Wow. Making plans for the future. Having goals even. I never imagined it would be possible. (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!)
  "For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall my covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who as mercy on you." Is 54:10

2 comments:

  1. It was indeed a great "girls day out"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fashion update..Internet Shopping lets you to shop from your home. You get an extensive variety of products at exclusive store shopping destinations.
    shopping online for dresses

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...