Thursday 4 December 2014

Results! by Susan L.

  It was with great anticipation that I opened my email from FamilytreeDNA.com. The results from the five generation test have arrived. The results from the more detailed one are still pending but should arrive in the next week or three.
  Much to my amazement it turns out that I am 41% Scandinavian which I suppose counts for being a child blond and having blue eyes. 38% of my makeup is from Southern Europe meaning Spanish or Italian which would account for my olive complexion and terrific tanning ability. Could I add that it also might count for the fact that I am broad across the beam as well? Only 19% of me is British and there's a tiny bit of Eastern European.
  My mom told me my adoption papers said I was French, meaning Quebecois, and English. Interestingly enough is there are 65 people who share similar DNA. They are listed as second to fourth cousins and there are a large number of French surnames in that list. I haven't quite decided what I am going to do about these people. I could contact them but am not sure if that is a place I am ready to go yet. If ever.
  It's nice to have some answers. It's wonderful what medical technology can tell you whereas only a few short years ago, this kind of detailed history would have been impossible to find out.
  I'll spend some more time investigating what I've learned when I get home.
  "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations, from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations, and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations." Mat 1:17

3 comments:

  1. I think this testifies to the migration of people back and forth across Europe over the centuries. It makes me think that even though I know I come from generations of Irish and Germans, those people came from somewhere else too. We are all a mixture!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...