Tuesday 23 December 2014

Oh, Well by Susan L.

  After finishing yesterday's post, which I realized was almost a duplicate of the day before, a little panic episode erupted. It was eleven o'clock and in a mass of confusion, I thought I was supposed to have been at work for ten thirty. After a few blood rushing, face paling moments and after studying the calendar, I realized it was Monday. Work wasn't until Tuesday.
  Then a text arrived from my son wondering if I was coming down today or tomorrow. He'd read my blog and was rather confused by it.
  I thought it was Tuesday yesterday. That comes from usually returning home on a Monday when I've been away instead of a Sunday. Yup, silly me. Messing with the routine throws the whole day off whack or in this case, the whole week!
  Today at work we'll be doing some prep work for our big Christmas dinner tomorrow at the centre. I've tucked my peeler into my purse to help with the copious amounts of spuds and carrots that need skinning. It's broken in the way I like it even though it hasn't been used all that much. Are peelers a personal item? Does everyone have their own "special way" of using them? I know I dislike using someone else's because it doesn't feel right or worse yet, having to break in a new one.
  I hope I don't get pulled over or stopped by the Ride Program, a random check where the police inspect every vehicle looking for drunk drivers. How would I explain carrying a potato peeler in my purse without a permit?
  That's enough nonsense for today.
  "No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying "Know the Lord," for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Jer 31:34
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...