Sunday 23 November 2014

Clean Up by Susan L.

  A little bit of housework, a little bit of laundry, a little bit of cooking made the day fly past. There's servings of chili in the freezer and a pot of soup stock in the fridge waiting to be made into Beef Barley soup. I stopped by the butcher to get soup bones and ended up with an entire thigh for a fraction of the price they charge for bones at the grocery store. Thanks go to my co-worker for teaching me how to make awesome stock. Roasting the bones first makes the stock flavour more intense. It made the house smell pretty good too with its comforting aroma. Soup somehow suits a gray November day and warms the heart.
  My folks are coming for a visit today. It'll be nice to see them. It's been a while. So the major dilemma of the day is about what to serve them for lunch. Bacon and eggs or soup are my options. My step dad said either would be fine but he is fond of eggs.
  He left the decision up to me. Oh dear.
  And I am laughing at myself over how agonizing this decision is. It's only lunch!
  How about a cup of soup to start? Yup. I can have it ready just in case and serve up the eggs for the main course. Now this is getting fancy! A three course lunch!
  Now, what to do about desert...Baked apples with pecans and maple syrup. I'm drooling at the thought. I could very easily skip the main course and go right to desert!
  So there we are.
  There's much to be done before they get here so that's it for today.
  "Jesus said to them, "Come and breakfast." Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are You?"--knowing it was the Lord." Jn 21:12
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...