Sunday 28 September 2014

A Gazillion Things by Susan L.

  The brain is doing the greyhound thing: chasing rabbits all over the place this morning. Ideas, daydreams, images, and vague impressions scamper blithely through my conscious but I have yet to find something worthwhile to write about.
  Renovations are at the top of the list. My living room is painted a burnt pumpkin colour (my choice). I wasn't particularly happy when it was originally done a few years ago. It was way too orange. Now I can't stand it so repainting the room is a top priority. I could even finish it off. The room has no baseboards or trim around the doors and the big picture window. It never had any when I bought the place in '06. It's a job that kept getting put off but since the furniture will be pulled away from the walls, it's a great opportunity to get 'er done.
  Now I have my own table saw it'll be easy to re-do the woodwork around the window.
  I could also replace the trim around my bedroom door. I lost my temper with it when I put in the laminate floors and made a mess of it with hammer dents and a bent nail that isn't very pretty. That doesn't happen very often, losing my temper with renovations. I'd like to get rid of the evidence.
  I want to paint the living room in the same colour we used at the centre, the gray bluey green. I should probably cover the orange with a gray primer first. I hope the blue goes with the sunshine yellow in my kitchen and hall. That is not being re-done although it is looking a bit tired in places and could use some touching up.
  It would be nice, too, to replace the bedroom doors with French doors that have frosted glass. It'd let more natural light into the front room and hall. I should check out the re-store. Maybe I'd find them there. But I am getting ahead of myself.
  First step, take the stuff off the walls, take down the window blinds and do some hole patching.
  "Save now, I pray, O Lord; O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. We have blessed you from the house of the Lord." Ps 118:25-26
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...