Friday 7 March 2014

Not a Clue by Susan L.

  I have no idea what today's blog will be about. More rural memories are surfacing, some good, a lot are not so good. I have a nasty headache this morning, a built in barometer that lets me know a change in the weather is coming our way. That's hampering the creativity, too. I haven't been sleeping that well either. I close my eyes and it's morning, feeling like no time has passed at all.
  Can I whine some more? The old saying "Others have it worse" comes to mind. I find this a rather unchristian philosophy. It's a guilt ridden statement isn't it? It's shaming, punitive and harsh. That's just my thoughts.
  There was an item on the news talking about the melting snow come spring. What's lying on the ground is equivalent to at least five inches of water if not more. Five inches over an acre is a lot of water. I live in a valley. A vivid dream I had the other night about the nearby river flooding is making me a bit nervous, too.
  When we lived on the farm it was tornado dreams because we were just on the edge of tornado alley and a couple had ripped through close to home. Whenever a sudden storm swept in, I watched the sky like a hawk. I'll take a flood over that any day. As for melt water, there isn't anything I can do about it but keep the generator handy in case the power goes out and get as much as possible off the basement floor. An excuse to clean down there.
  I know these are "stuff" worries. I know that, in Christ, all will work out in the end. (Oh, must remember to put my rubber boots on the basement stairs. They won't do much good if they end up being buckets!) And Lord, I know you have blessed me with the ability to take such things in stride, to git 'r done, and to see the ridiculous in circumstances far beyond my control. Many a laugh I've had at myself and the messes I've gotten myself into. Thank You for that!
  "Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad." Prov 12:25

2 comments:

  1. "Other's have it worse" - isn't that just a slap in the face "encouragement"? When I was face down in despair, weeping, in pain in body and soul - that statement would be offered up like a balm. Some balm - more like poison. Even a name would be attached - Joni Eareckson Tada. "Just think what she faces every day." The slap in the face turned into a deep cut. God Bless Joni, I admire her as a fellow human and praise God for the grace He has bestowed - yet...I am not Joni. Perhaps God hasn't prepared me for such. I am hurting now, today, in my own way. Yes, there is always someone worse (just like the poor are always with us), but please don't share that "pearl" with me. Like you, Sharon, it makes me feel guilty when I don't need yet another negative statement added on to the pile. Thanks for sharing your feelings on it - sure struck a chord with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for your response. It is encouraging to know my Author knows what needs to be said!

      Delete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...