Monday 3 March 2014

Coincidentally Speaking by Susan L.

    Many years ago, just after opening my heart to Jesus,  I was in a terrible state: angry, feeling trapped and just wanting to run for as long and as hard as I could. After driving to a local conservation area after work I began to walk....fast. I had my now obsolete Discman plugged in to my ears. For an hour or so I stormed the paths blind to everything around me.
  Gradually, the anger began to ebb away. Tiredness crept into my bones. As I drew nearer to where I was parked I decided to take off the headphones. There was a staircase that wound its way up a sheer cliff just before the parking lot. I stopped a couple of times to simply listen to the forest as I perched on landings in among the branches of the trees at the bottom. Not only was I tired, but a peace began to fill my soul.
  I stood outside the car for a bit to dry off. It had been quite the workout. I remember saying, "It'd be nice to see a deer my Lord." I was struggling with living in town after being in the country with its open spaces, birds, wildlife and fresh air. A car pulled out of a laneway. I watched it pass by, giving the driver a small smile and a country nod. As it disappeared over a hill, a lovely young deer leapt over the fence across the road. She stood in full view for a few minutes before heading into the conservation area.
  As I drove past where she had entered, I saw her contentedly grazing on the sweet green grass within the sanctuary. I carried on leaving her to her pleasure feeling incredibly blessed. My small, off the cuff prayer had been answered.
  I no longer believe in coincidence. Like many other things that have unexpectedly crossed my path, be they love tokens like the deer or new friends there is a reason for them to be there. Even the challenges that at the time of the deer were yet to come are all part of a grand plan long laid down by my Lord. Forgive me Lord for fighting my destiny in You.
  "The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I have been established from everlasting, from the beginning, before there was ever an earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water, before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I was brought forth." Prov 8:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...