Saturday 8 February 2014

Home Safe by Susan L.

  I arrived safely home yesterday. The mountains of snow that had fallen in the last two weeks utterly blew me away. Thankfully there was a lull in the weather so my plane was on time. My friend had good driving conditions to get to the airport. It was only rush hour traffic that slowed her down a bit.
  It was good to be home. I was ready. I missed my morning routine of coffee and blog. I missed my friends and co-workers too. They were often in my thoughts as I roamed the beach or lay by the pool.
  I had better flights this time with no where near the claustrophobia that had challenged me last year. A dose of my just-in-case-of-emergency pill that takes the edge off  anxiety and a seat that was nearer to the front of the plane did the most good. I even enjoyed it!
  Looking out the window always amazes me. At night, far below the plane, strings of tiny lights connect clusters of other lights forming earthly constellations. It reminds me of how we Christians are connected by the Holy Spirit and how our light shines brightly in the darkness. There's something, too, about being above the clouds that is wonderful and heavenly at the same time.
  "Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the great mountains." Ps 36:5-6
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...