Saturday 18 May 2013

Prioritization by Susan L.

The mini-meltdown finally came yesterday. It's been building for a while. It's all about feeling overwhelmed. I went to the center, not wanting to be alone with the turmoil of emotions that had swept over me. It was the smart thing to do. That's what peer support is. Sometimes we give, sometimes we receive. I was able to sort through everything I felt I "had to do". This is in quotes because the old issues of performance were chewing away at my equilibrium. On the way home I bought a bag of grass seed to fill in my veggie garden. It's one job I don't need to take on this summer. Last year I wasn't working so the garden wasn't an issue. It felt good and a wave of relief swept over my heart as I scattered the seeds. This is a different kind of harvest. There's still more to coincider. I want to keep working. What else do I need to surrender in order to work and stay well? The answers will come. "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul." Mat 16:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...