Saturday 25 May 2013

Armor, Armour, Amore by Susan L.

"Confusion is the breeding ground of growth." This gem of an idea walked in off the street a couple days ago. It sparked a profound and insightful conversation amongst a group of ladies. It goes hand in hand with the Mandarin symbol for crises. It consists of two characters. One representing danger, the other, opportunity. When things aren't going well I've learned a lot about myself. My walk with Jesus began in the book of Ephesians. God's armor was what I needed to embrace in the beginning. I was surrounded by chaos both inside and out. The love stuff would have to wait. I couldn't have received it then anyways. Love, at that time in my life, meant hurt, abuse and betrayal. Armor and fighting for survival I understood. God took my confusion, my crises, and turned on my brain. My coping skill of numbing my mind and emotions could no longer serve. The sword of the Spirit sliced through the blanket of lifelong depression so I could focus on God. At that time it was a golden filament that enabled me to be willing to live another day. And another and another after that. It has grown stronger through many crises and mountains of confusion until here I am. Slightly battered, often confused, and regularly overwhelmed. I am gradually embracing the idea that this is good. History has shown that in these times of human upset I am growing to understand the love of God even more. "Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air." 1 For 9:26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...