Tuesday 5 March 2013

Joy Upon Joy by Susan L.

It was such a blessing these last couple of days despite my granddaughter making strange with me until yesterday. For the first time she put up her little arms and asked me to pick her up out of her high chair. My heart melted like pudding. Mind you, I'd been winning her affection with gifts of cheese. I was sorry to have to leave shortly after this breakthrough. My son and his partner were pleased with the quilted growth chart I made for her birthday. Nana has to bring toys,too! I bought her a couple of toy cars--girl cars so she would have her own when playing with her car loving brother. She loved them. It was wonderful having my grandson all to my self for a while, too. There is a bit of a language barrier and I am not up to date on Thomas the train but we got by, playing, reading, and flying helicopters around the basement. He has an amazing imagination. What fascinates me is how both children learned sign language before they could talk. I wish I had known about it when my son was a baby. When a one year old bundle of joy can tell us thick headed grownups what they want: hungry, more, no more, all done, and several other signs it takes a huge chunk out of the guess work in parenting. It makes you realize there's more going on in those beautiful little heads than we sometimes give them credit for. "There are, it may be, so many languages in the world, and none of them is without significance." 1 Cor 14:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...