Friday 8 March 2013

I Come to the Garden by Susan l.

Spring is around the corner. The clocks go forward Saturday. The cardinals have started singing. There's warmth in the sun. My mind turns to gardening wondering if my tiny blueberry bushes survived. The hostas need dividing. Where will I plant the offspring? Do I need to fortify my strawberries better? Don't want the racoons to clean me out again, the rascals. What am I going to put in the veggie garden. Carrots don't do well. They end up stubby. Tasty but small. More potatoes than last year? I'd like to start an asparagus patch, but where? Decisions, decisions. And joy. The crocuses , tulips and daffodils will soon be out. The lilacs will bloom, sending their sweet perfume through the yard and house. I can't wait for the twelve inches of snow in my yard to melt! ""I will plant them in their land, and no longer shall they be pulled up from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God." Amos 9:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...