Wednesday 16 January 2013

Doors and Windows by Susan L.

It was a beautiful drive back home from seeing my therapist today. The sun shone brightly on winterbrown grasses dancing in light and shadow. I took the back roads home which meander through pockets of cedar and hardwood trees. Fingers of sunlight played hide 'n seek with the winding road. I smiled the whole way home. This period of my life is coming to a close. I've been seeing her for six and a half years. We've come a long way since our initial appointment when she asked me why I had waited so long to get help. I didn't have an answer. She has seen me go through two hospitalizations. She guided me through facing many of the traumatic events in my life. She has sat with me as I have grieved and wept and laughed my way to recovery. The two of us have been celebrating for the last six months or so as pieces of newfound identity have solidified, as joy and hope are becoming every day events. Like all endings it is full of mixed emotions but forefront in my heart and mind is the knowledge: IT IS FINISHED. Thank God. "(He) who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so your youth is renewed like eagles." Ps 103:4

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy every single posts, I actually appreciated, I would personally adore extra information and facts because of this, mainly because its fairly pleasing., Have fun here ideal for allowing. fensterversand

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really awesome post this is. Truly, one of the best posts I've ever witnessed to see in my whole life. Wow, just keep it up. Ramen en deuren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? Aluminium deuren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! casement windows london

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...