Tuesday 23 October 2012

For Goodness' Sakes by Susan L.

It has been a long, slow road to discovering self esteem. That sense of worth which is rooted in the simple fact we all are the beloved children of our heavenly Father. When I realized belittling my creativity or down playing the finished result was a slap in the Lord's face it helped me to see with fresh and honest eyes some fundamental truth. I have worked hard to do what I do. Like self esteem all our abilities need nurturing. It takes risk, too, to try new things and sometimes land flat on our faces. It is hard to silence the inner critic and for me very hard to share what I have created either in writing or art. This is because there is a piece of me in everything created. Shame or disregard is not humility. Our creativity is as much a part of us as breathing or blinking. I celebrate talent, giftings if you prefer, because each one of us was designed to be a little creator under the tutelage of the best possible Scribe, Muse, and Inspiration. "The light of the eyes rejoices the heart, and a good report makes the bones healthy." Prov 15:30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...