Tuesday 15 May 2018

Psalm 37:23

  I have my steps established by the Lord.
  "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way." NKJV
  "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." JCB

  It's a late entry today. There were some problems with my phone that needed taking care of. Hopefully things have been rectified so phone calls won't cut out any more. It was a bit frustrating.
  It's a slow moving day today, too. Yesterday was very physically demanding. Nine 4' x 8' sheets of privacy lattice were attached to the chain link fence that divides my property from the neighbours. It is my hope that it will stop their dogs barking at me every time I am in the yard. It looks good, too! But, boy oh boy, am I feeling muscles I didn't even know existed and my hands look like a cat had a hissy fit on them because the wire used to attach the lattice wasn't kind! It's a bit late to thing about wearing work gloves. Whatever. I can't stand them anyways.
  There was a lot of clean up that went along with this project as well. Stuff moved. Stuff burned. With the new patio furniture, it looks so much better back there. It was an investment that cost a whole lot less than replacing a good chain link with a privacy fence.
  It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time but wasn't sure how long the lattice would last. There was a sheet left over from building the front deck that has hung on the wire fence for a couple of years with no sign of deterioration.
  So, how does this apply to today's affirmation?
  Well, there's gratitude for God's provision of the means and strength to do this project. There's gratitude for creating some privacy in the yard but I will still be able to have regular chats with the little guy next door. He's not quite four and has all sorts of questions. I truly enjoy our conversations! His, "Hi, Sue!" always makes me smile.
  I think the biggest part of today's affirmation is learning to trust the Lord for all things and in all things. With a great big independent streak running through my spine, this can be the hard to do. It can be hard, too, to discern the path the Lord wants me to take. But then, no matter the road, the Lord will use it to His glory. Even if it is a roundabout way.
  How wonderfully reassuring. So maybe I shouldn't have put up a fence and instead used the lack of privacy to demonstrate God's love but as the farmers say, good fences make good neighbours. Besides, they like the look of the lattice on their side, too.
 
  There's a work training day tomorrow and early start on Thursday. I'll be back Friday.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...